Hemp seed oil – Nectar of the gods
Author: Royal Hemp Date Posted:18 June 2018
Hemp seed oil – Nectar of the gods. Hemp oil is also known as Hemp seed oil because is gotten from cold pressing of industrial hemp plant seed which is a variety of hemp plant that is purposely grown/planted for industrial hemp oil and seed production. Hemp oil or Hemp seed oil is manufactured from an industrial hemp plant seed because it contains a very low amount of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is a psychoactive element present in this plant body parts. The Hemp seed is thoroughly cleaned to 99.99 % before cold pressed during the manufacturing process to avoid any Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) that may be found in the oil if the seed has come in contact with the plant leaves which is known to contain Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Cold pressed Hempseed oil also known as unrefined hemp oil has a dark to clear light green tint colour, with nutty flavour while refined hemp seed oil/hemp oil is colourless and has a fairly minimal flavour. Note that hemp oil is totally natural organic oil.
Uses of hemp oil/ Hemp seed oil
Hemp oil / Hemp seed oil can be used by human in variations of beneficial ways; such as listed and discuss the following:
- For Cooking: Hemp oil can be used in the cooking of food, although it has a very low smoke point and thus, make it unsuitable for frying food. In the absence of olive oil for your salad meal, hemp oil is the absolute best choice for you to use.
- For Cosmetics: Hemp oil is found natural and therefore as a very useful ingredient for cosmetics (body care) manufacturing companies such as face cream, body cream, lipstick, etc. because it is used as a moisturizing oil that nourishes the skin. Hemp oil can also be used alone without mixing with any other ingredient; it can be used directly on the body after bath or shower which tent to nourishes body skin better and increase blood flow circulation.
- For Plastic Manufacturing: Hemp oil is preferred as the best alternative to petroleum oil base in the manufacturing of plastic because during the process of decomposition of plastic products made by hemp oil it doesn’t release harmful chemicals as petroleum oil base plastic does in releasing of harmful chemicals during the decomposition process.
- For Soap, Shampoos, and Detergent Production: Hemp oil has been found as the best choice among other oils in the production of soap, shampoos, and detergent by their respective manufacturing company.
- As Lubricants: Hemp oil is used for lubricating purposes like other lubricants on motion surfaces etc.
- For the production of Paints: Paint manufacturing companies has found the use of hemp oil in the production of paints to be preferable to petroleum oil that is currently in use because of the fact that it is very low in emissions and doesn’t cause any harmful release when washed down from the rain.
- For Wood Finishing: Wood found hemp oil to be useful because hemp oil can be polymerized into a solid form which makes it easy to be used solely or mixed with other oils, resins, and solvents in the process of varnishing wood for finishing.
Hemp oil Nutritional benefits
Several types of research have been conducted by scientists at various levels of hemp oil and they found out that hemp oil has;
- The most perfectly balanced oil as it contains perfectly balanced 3:1 ratio of Omega 6 (Linoleic/LA) to Omega 3 (alpha-linolenic/LNA) essential fatty acids, determined to be the optimum requirement for long-term healthy human nutrition.
- Hemp oil has 75-80 % polyunsaturated fatty acids (The good fats) and only 9-11 % of the less desired saturated fatty acids.
- Hemp oil provides an adequate supply of Phytosterols, Carotene (Precursor of vitamin A), Phospholipids, Antioxidant (Vitamin E) and some minerals such as Calcium, Phosphorus, Sulfur, Magnesium, Potassium along with moderate amount of Zinc and Iron. Also, hemp oil is a very good source of ChlorophyII.
- Hence, hemp oil can be used for prevention and treatment of certain illnesses because of the considerable amount of essential fatty acids in it, as well as providing two of the essential fatty acid metabolites and since researchers have shown that many common illnesses are related to deficiencies of imbalances of specific fatty acids in the body.
Hemp Oil Skin Benefits
Regular uses of hemp oil on the skin prevent skin disorder like Acne, Psoriasis, Eczema and Dry skin. Hemp oil regular uses also serve as skin anti-cracking treatment, anti-aging products as it would give you rich and healthy skin which makes your skin to be smooth, young and held. Hemp oil is used by many skin products (Face cream, body cream, etc.) manufacturing companies as the main ingredient. It is also found to be a regenerating and energizing product for skin protective layer.
Hemp Oil Hair Benefits
Hemp oil has been found to be so beneficial to hair as hair lubricants, shampoos, conditioners, hair oils, etc. are made with hemp oil as an ingredient in their production. Hemp oil reduces the loosing of hair and prevents scalp infection and problems, as well as thickens the texture of the hair.
Hemp Oil Storage
Because of the fact that hemp oil is highly unsaturated oils and especially the poor quality hemp oil can spontaneously oxidize and turn rancid within a very short period of time when not properly stored as required (Cool/Cold, Dark place; especially in dark bottle). Therefore, to keep your hemp oil longer in storage it is best advisable to keep it refrigerated or frozen.
Try our Organic Australian soured and made Hemp seed oil available on the shop page of the Royal Hemp website.