Chickpea Savoury Pancake made with Hemp Seeds
Author: Sabrina Lu Date Posted:8 April 2019
This dish is so easy to cook and a great gluten-free, vegan alternative to your normal flour-based savoury pancake or omelette. Also, can I just say, savoury pancakes are definitely underrated? As opposed to bakes and bread, this is much quicker to whip up and you can even make the mix the night before and just take it out of the fridge in the morning and pop it onto the frying pan. You then have yourself a fresh, warm, hearty, comforting healthy breakfast even on days where you don’t have a lot of time to cook. Plus the Hemp seeds are such a good addition to give you a boost of Omega-3/Omega-6 fatty acids, all 9 essential amino acids,digestible protein, calcium,potassium, phosphorous, riboflavin, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin B12, folic acid,vitamin D, magnesium, iron, and zinc (Talk about health food!).
Recipe credit Sabrina Lu
- 1/2 cup of chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup of plant-based milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp of salt (I used pink Himalayan salt)
- 2 tsp of Royal Hemp Hemp seeds
1. Measure up 1/2 cup of chickpea flour using a measuring cup and pop it into a
medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Add the garlic powder, nutritional yeast salt, hemp seeds and onion powder
into the bowl. Stir it all around until all the dry ingredients in the bowl are
3. Add the milk and whisk together the batter. Make sure it’s not too thick and
has a pancake batter consistency which is easy to pour.
4. In a medium sized heated frying pan (spray with cooking oil if it’s not a non-stick frying pan) pour in the batter to form a large pancake. Cook on medium heat until batter is no longer runny, flipping it over once one side is cooked.
(approx. 30 secs each side depending on the pan you use)
5. Fold the pancake over one side and serve on a plate
6. Add sea salt and pepper to taste if desired and pair with some greens + avo (I used avo + cucumbers + some spinach sprinkled with some more hemp seeds!)
7. Enjoy this yummy dish!